The long wait is over – and believe it or not the three months have gone by relatively quickly – the frame and body for the T Bucket arrived today.
First the inspection and then checking off all the various custom parts and fittings that were ordered
Now for the fun part – I have to open up every box - and it looks like every part I ordered is there – no damages and it appears everything is in better condition than expected
There were only several back-orders that did not make the shipment
- Sanderson Headers
- Wilwood front disc brakes
- Windshield wipers etc
I’ll still have to order the instrument gauges, wiring kit, 4 way flashes, ignition, battery and so on.
The first thing I do is place the frame on axle stands
Then I begin the job of attaching as many parts to the frame as possible knowing full well I’ll be taking everything back off again – it’s a constant on and off process – until I’ve got it right. Once every part is fitted and every bracket welded – I disassemble it all again and then take it to paint
- I’m curious to see how the special order chrome front end looks
- Master cylinder nicely tucked inside the frame
- Installing the rear Currie 9 “ Ford axle
- Steering box
- Front shocks
- Radius rods
- Actual working 1923 radiator thermostat
- The radiator
- Headlight and chrome brackets
|chrome front end|
|chrome front end|
|Currie 9" Ford axle|
|working 1923 radiator thermostat|
|headlight and chrome brackets|
|engine ready to go|
|engine mounted to frame|
We place the body back on and vice grip the radiator to the frame – now comes the detail work.
Stay tuned for Episode #4
We run into some problems!
- We find out that the engine is sitting to low and hitting the steering box – Oil pan will hit speed bumps unless we do something
- Were not getting the look we want
- We find out that the front king pins won’t fit the spindles